Focused Minds helps DEKRA with its Business system – procurement and implementation.
In 2014, a decision was taken to begin a project to digitise the company’s main process for its inspection operation by delivering new system support.
The assignment included:
- The selection of suppliers to the project.
- Programme and project leadership on behalf of DEKRA.
- Implementation of feasibility studies and analyses.
- Overall responsibility for the creation of an information model.
- Migration operations with associated data quality activities.
Based on earlier feasibility studies, a procurement was carried out including the formulation of scope, deliverables, goals, project organisation requirements and scheduling. Planning and design included activities aimed at design solutions and the design of a function chart between component systems. The design also had to cope with a future increase of the service offering and its wider dissemination within the DEKRA Group. During project implementation, the assignment included project management and the follow-up of vendor initiatives and reporting to DEKRA’s management.
The project delivered a digitised process, including mobile support. The applications support the configuration, planning and implementation of inspections; interactions with customers, and the pricing of services, contracts and invoicing. The digital process also includes integration with both the in-house business system and customer business systems.
Key factors for project implementation were:
- The ability to balance a complex schedule of requirements.
- Managing a complex stakeholder structure domestically and internationally.
- A profound understanding of the inspection operation’s business model.